Data Science consultant Job Description
What we do
At bQuind we are experts in Digital transformation, Process optimization & Control. We help our clients in process excellence by optimization, digitization and gaining insights & control of business processes and IT landscapes. By improving their digital agility and responsiveness to rapidly changing market conditions, our clients improve their customer experience across all channels and reinvent and develop their business.
Our clients are mostly large corporations and multinationals such as ING, ABN AMRO, Ahold, NS, Volker Wessels, ASML and Ministry of Defense.
What you ́re going to do
As a Data Science Consultant, you will:
- be able to support the development of data science methods for specific use cases across the full analytics lifecycle: from defining the business & data understanding to data preparation, modeling, evaluation, and deployment.
- implement and integrate solutions and applications in various system landscapes.
- maintain contacts with stakeholders and informing them adequately and transparently about outcomes, progress or setbacks.
- cleaning and processing raw data into usable data.
- building and maintaining a relevant network at existing and new customers.
Who are looking for
We’re looking for someone with experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models and is familiar with the following:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods using a variety of data tools (R, Python, SQL, etc.), building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience in creating and using advanced machine learning techniques, algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, artificial neural networks etc. and know their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in Statistics, Computer science, Mathematics, Econometrics or related fields of study;
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- An interest in consulting;
- A strong interest in the area of organizational transformation;
- A strong analytical skill and a hands-on mentality;
- The ability to bring together and collaborate with individuals and to manage stakeholders;
- The drive to continuously develop yourself and to meet ambitious standards;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
Are you looking for possibilities at bQuind where you can be yourself and do what you love?
We are curious to know who you are and what qualities and experience you bring.
Please feel free to contact us!
- A great job in a small, strong and growing company
- A variety of (in)formal team activities to keep in touch with your colleagues.
- A competitive salary.
- The opportunity to develop yourself in a sector that – in all modesty – will help to determine the future.